Sample candidate statement and bio: Jake Turrell (2020 Nominations)
No more than 250 words
For the past two years I have had the honor of being an ODTUG board member, and I would like to ask the Oracle community for the opportunity to continue serving in this role. As a board member, I have served as the BI community board liaison and have been a member of the Finance Committee. In addition, I chaired the Emerging Technology Subcommittee that introduced Oracle Blockchain Cloud Service to our members at ODTUG Kscope18.
My primary goal for the board is to ensure that ODTUG is actively pursuing the outstanding educational and networking opportunities for which our organization is known. In support of this goal, I will work with the board to:
• Ensure that the organization has the financial resources to grow and serve our communities
• Ensure that we continue to advocate for our members in areas related to Oracle’s product management and overall strategy.
• Ensure that we are strategically moving into new areas of interest to our members.
• Ensure that we are cultivating a new generation of leaders within the various Oracle communities.
Like many members, I can’t imagine my career being nearly as fulfilling without ODTUG. As such, I would like the opportunity to continue to preserve and enhance the organization in an official capacity. I would like to ask for your vote for the ODTUG Board of Directors.
No more than 150 words
Jake Turrell is a solution architect with over 24 years of experience implementing Enterprise Performance Management solutions. Jake began his career as a financial systems intern at Dell, where he administered IMRS Micro Control, the predecessor to Hyperion Enterprise. After graduating from the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in management information systems, Jake joined Ernst & Young’s management consulting practice. In 1998, Jake moved to Navigator Systems, where he rose to the level of OLAP Practice Lead. Since 2003, Jake has been an independent consultant focused on the implementation of Essbase, Hyperion Planning, PBCS, and related technologies.
• Director ODTUG (2017-2018)
• Best Speaker Award (Planning Track) – ODTUG Kscope16
• Best First Time Speaker Award – ODTUG Kscope10
• Co-Editor – Developing Essbase Applications
• Blogger – EPM Adventures
• Oracle ACE Alumni
• ODTUG Kscope12 – Content Lead for EPM/BI Apps
• ODTUG Kscope13 – Content Team for EPM/BI Apps
• Frequent Conference Presenter (ODTUG Kscope, OpenWorld, NTxHUG, STxHUG, TX LA OAUG)