Guest Blogger: Eddie Awad
Hi, my name is Eddie Awad and I will be attending ODTUG Kscope this year. In case you don’t know me, here is a quick introduction: I have been developing applications using Oracle technologies and tools since 1994. I am an Oracle ACE Director and the creator of OraNA.info and OracleCommunity.net. You can find me on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, and my blog.
Kscope 2012 is going to be my third ODTUG conference I attend. The first one was Kaleidoscope 2009 in Monterey, California. Yes, it was named Kaleidoscope back then. The second one was Kscope 2011 in Long Beach, California. The upcoming Kscope 2012 is going to be held in San Antonio, Texas.
This year’s Kscope is a special one to me. I volunteered to lead the Developer’s Toolbox track team. My task was to build a team of volunteers from the Oracle community and then together determine appropriate sub-tracks, review and rate the submitted abstracts and create a draft schedule for the track.
More than 85 abstracts were submitted to the Developer’s Toolbox track alone. The team then engaged in a blind review, meaning that each team member rated all the abstracts without knowing the authors and rated all the authors without knowing their abstracts. The end result was the selection of 32 abstracts. It was not easy but we made it. Without further ado, I present to you the Developer’s Toolbox track team:
- Alex Nuijten, Oracle ACE Director (@alexnuijten)
- Ben Prusinski, Oracle ACE Director (@benprusinski)
- Cary Millsap, Oracle ACE Director (@CaryMillsap)
- Hans Forbrich, Oracle ACE Director (blog)
- John Flack, Oracle ACE (profile)
- Lewis Cunningham, Oracle ACE Director (@TheRealLewisC)
- Mark W. Farnham, Oracle ACE (@pudge1954)
- Patrick Barel, Oracle ACE (@patch72)
- Roel Hartman, Oracle ACE Director (@RoelH)
- Tim Hall, Oracle ACE Director (@oraclebase)
I was also in contact with Steven Feuerstein who offered valuable input and feedback regarding the PL/SQL related abstracts.
I would like to thank everyone for their help in putting together the best Developer’s Toolbox trackever. Also, kudos to the ODTUG Kscope12 Conference Committee for their support during the whole process.
I am not the first one and will not be the last one to tell you that Kscope is the best technical conference for Oracle professionals. You would not want to miss it this year, here is why:
- 250+ technical presentations from the brightest minds in the Oracle community
- 3 days of Hands-on Training
- 5 all-day symposiums
- Great networking opportunities including: Lunch-and-learn sessions with Oracle ACE Directors, meet the Oracle experts, vendor showcase, and special events
- Great venue: the JW Marriott resort in San Antonio which has two golf courses, spa, five restaurants, six acres of heated pools, fountains, waterfalls, 650-foot rapid river ride, 1,000-foot lazy river, 100-acre nature preserve and more.
One more reason to attend: I will be presenting too. My presentation will be about data caching in SQL and PL/SQL, in other words, how to make your application run faster.
I guarantee that if you attend Kscope you will come out of it full of new ideas and knowledge about tips, tricks, techniques and technologies you never even knew existed.
Hope to see you there… FYI REGISTER before March 25th to get the Early Bird Rate.